What I can say from my experiences with Vista is that it runs slow, uses a lot of RAM and processing power and has been difficult to install new things on other peoples computers when they ask me to help them out.
What I would like to see from Windows 7 is:
- Easier ability to install things. Don't make actions that I am initiating so annoying by asking me if I want to do them over and over.
- Don't make restore points optional. They may slow an installation, but will save people more than hurting them.
- Use less resources. I want the OS to be as small as possible. Reduce the size and consumption of resources the OS needs as well as making it faster.
- Security is a big deal. There seems to be a new way to hack Windows monthly. Stop adding new features and start going back through all of your code to slim it down, and remove the problems.
- Only have one OS option. I don't want to be upset that the computer I bought had the wrong version of windows and I can't do what I want with it. Make the base OS the same for everything, and whatever is actually considered as differences now, offer as either free or paid software to the OS.