The big things that everyone sees are:
- the war in Iraq
- the war in Afghanistan
- the economic crisis of the world
- What to do with prisoners at Guantanamo Bay
- How to stimulate adoption of clean energy to increase the US energy independence.
- What to do with NASA with the space shuttle being retired and Bush setting a plan to land on Mars.
- What to do with the No Child Left Behind act. It has some major problems, how can they be fixed, but more importantly how do we improve schools and learning?
- Israel, which seems to be begging to be the center of attention more than normally.
- Russia, first an all out attack on Georgia, now cutting off natural gas from eastern Europe, are they becoming a problem again?
When it comes to the government and the future I have lots of questions and surprisingly very few suggestions. I hope that the team he is putting in place will be able to handle all of these known issues, plus whatever comes up.